What is EIDL

  International Automobile Association (IAA,Inc.) allows you to travel around the world without experiencing and difficulties.

  An European-International Driving License (EIDL) is implemented to show that you hold a valid driver's license in your own country of origin. It provides a translation into eight languages, designed so that police and other authorities in other countries can read your license in their own language. Travelling with an EIDL therefore has many advantages. The EIDL is purposed to overcome the difficulties drivers might encounter while travelling in other countries that have different requirements. The EIDL is a special license for tourists authorized by United Nations conventions on road safety in 1923, 1943, 1949, and 1968. Nearly 180 countries are members of this agreement. The EIDL is printed in several languages - five official UN languages: English, French, Spanish, Russian, and Chinese, and also German, Arabic and Korean. It is valid in all the countries that signed the agreement. Many other countries that did not sign the treaty also recognize the EIDL and accept it on their territory. An EIDL is an official translation of your domestic driver's license and is easy to obtain because it does not require a driving test, and is available for a small fee.

    Why get EIDL
Possessing an European-International Driving Document has many advantages:

1. The European-International Drivig Document is intended to overcome the difficulties you might have while driving a vehicle in another country that may have different language requirements than your own.

On September 19, 1949, the United Nations established the European-International Driving Document to facilitate the travel of motorists in foreign countries where language barriers create difficulties for both motorists and the police. This document establishes the right for a person to drive in another country when accompanied by an original driverís license.

2. Another advantage of an European-International Driving Document: - There is no official test required because it is a translation of your original driver's license. - It is printed in 8 languages - the six United Nations official languages (English, French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic and Chinese) plus German & Japanese.

3. If you need to rent a car, it can be valuable as well. In fact, in more than 200 countries you can not rent a car unless you have an European-International Driving Document. In Europe, travel officials say that "the European-International Driving Document is more necessary in some countries than others, but it's advised for most." Also, an European-International Driverís License can be used as identification.